Our Lady and St. Francis Primary School

w/e 23rd August 2019

The children made it through their first whole week back and must have been very tired by Friday night.  I hope everyone had a lovely weekend in the sunshine and will be fresh and ready for tomorrow.

We introduced a theme of the month at assembly.  This month’s theme will be ‘Community’ and we would like the children to think about the communities they are part of and how they can contribute positively to that community.  I would also like to encourage the children to tell me how they are doing this, so I can display their wonderful efforts and hopefully motivate others.

Last week our new P5’s started Kodaly.  Mrs Ewart said they are very enthusiastic and she is looking forward to working with them.

The choir has also started again.  Thank you to the boys and girls who have decided to continue choir this year.  We will lots of events for you and wish you every success.

P7 attended mass at Holy Family to honour Mother Angeline.  I heard they represented the school well and should be very proud of themselves.

The nursery continue to welcome new children and I am delighted to say, they have all settled well.

Looking forward to next week, our new P1’s will have their photograph taken for the Motherwell Times on Thursday.  All children should wear a shirt and tie and a blazer, if you have one.  I am sure they will look very smart as they have since the start of term.

On Friday there will be a mass for the Relics of St Terese.  Many schools across North Lanarkshire will send representatives to St. Francis Xavier’s and our P6 will attend.  Other children in the school will watch the procession and wave flags.  It will be very busy and visitors will be coming from all over to visit the parish and the grotto, to this end, there will be no additional parking in the grotto for school traffic – please make allowances for this.