Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 3/4 – 18.5.20

Good Morning boys and girls

It is another week of learning from home! Your new Home Learning grids will be posted on the blog today so look out for them. I have also posted them on our Primary 3/4 Teams page under ‘Files’. I hope you enjoy them!

Oxford Owl

You will notice on your Home Learning grid this time around I have made a class login for Oxford Owl which has hundreds of free e-books that you can enjoy reading. I have attached instructions on how to access the account and pick a book on Microsoft Teams. Your task is to pick a book to read and then complete a reading activity on it. The reading activities can be found in Microsoft Teams too. However each week I will post some recommended books for your group. You can search for this or chose a different one it is completely up to you! Here are this weeks recommendations:

Blue Group – Cool Clive

Red Group – Eric’s Talking Ears

Orange Group – Escape of the Giant Chicken

Green Group – Goal!

Sumdog

Well done for all your efforts on Sumdog last week and a big pat on the back to the winners from the competitions and challenges. You might have seen or will see a wee message from me when you log in to Sumdog with a wee reward so well done you! 🙂 I have entered you into the North Lanarkshire Sumdog Challenge for this week. It started on Friday 15th May and ends at 8pm on Thursday 21st May. We need 10 children to take part to get onto the leaderboard. Remember if you answer 100 questions you win an item for your house. I have also set a new Spelling challenge for you all which starts today and ends on Friday morning. Good Luck!

Spelling 

I have attached this weeks spelling words for you. Again like the last Home Learning sheet your words will be uploaded weekly and you have to choose a spelling activity or game to practise your words. If you can, write some sentences or a paragraph with some of them too. Here they are below:

Weekly Spelling words 18.5.20

Microsoft Teams

Please remember that as of today the 18th of May we will be using Microsoft Teams to help you with your home learning and keep in touch with you. Well done to those of you who have set up already. It has been lovely to chat to some of you about what you have been doing too. I am looking forward to hearing from more of you soon! If you are still having problems getting set up please leave a comment below or email Mr Henderson and someone will be able to help you.

Have a super day! Missing you all

Miss Marchant 🙂 x