Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 3/4 – 1.6.20

Good Morning boys and girls ๐Ÿ™‚

Can you believe it is June already?? I feel that the weeks are starting to go by very quickly! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed some of this lovely weather. I enjoyed sunbathing in my garden, reading outside, going for long walks and having dinner in my garden ๐Ÿ™‚ What did you all get up to? Here is a picture of one of my walks that I went!

Sumdog

Big well done to everyone for their efforts on Sumdog last week and to the winners of the challenges. You are all superstars! You have another mini assessment on Times tables and Division this week on Sumdog. There are 20 questions so please take your time to answer them as best you can! You also have a new Spelling challenge which starts today and ends on Friday morning. Good Luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Spellingย 

Here are this weeks Spelling words below. Remember you can choose any activity you like to practise them. Maybe some of you would like to try and find ways to practise them outside this week in the nice weather??

Weekly Spelling words 1.6.20

Oxford Owl

I have listed some suggestions of books that you might like to read this week. Remember to look for your reading group! Some of the groups have non-fiction books this week. Remember non-fiction books are books with lots of facts in them they are not a story. Aaron also found a series of books last week that he really enjoyed called Project X Alien Adventures. Maybe you could try and search for some books in that series too! Here are this weeks suggestions:

Blue Group – Here comes Trouble!

Red Group – Sport then and now

Orange Group – Dinosaur Safari

Green Group – The Play Park

Have a nice day boys and girls, remember to enjoy the sunshine too! I hope to hear from some of you soon ๐Ÿ™‚ Missing you all very much.

Miss Marchant x