Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Welcome Back Primary 5/6

Good Morning Primary 5/6,

I hope you are all well and all had a wonderful Easter. Did you receive lots of Easter Eggs? Did some of you maybe get other gifts too? Archie got some eggs, books and a couple of outfits from our family and has been enjoying tasting chocolate for the first time. We ended up making crispy cakes with the eggs we received and added some mini eggs on top. Archie had lots of fun eating the chocolate and Rice Krispies out of the bowl. It would be great to hear from you and what you got up to during the holidays so please leave a comment or add a picture!

Have you been enjoying the lovely weather? It has still been a little cold at times but it is much better than the rain! I have been thinking of you all and I am missing you all lots. I hope you have been keeping safe and following the guidance. I know it is really hard not being able to see your friends and family but this will hopefully be over soon and you will get to enjoy each other’s company. Some of you may have been video calling friends and family and I bet they were pleased to see you!

This week your tasks are focussing on Australia! We will be continuing this topic into this term and will have related tasks each week. Please try your best to complete these tasks and remember if you are unsure just leave a comment below and I will get back to you with some help. This week I have not set you a Sumdog Challenge but you do have Maths related activities on your grid. This grid will be posted by Mr Henderson.

This week you also have Spelling activities. I have attached your Spelling words for each group and activities for each day below. On Fridays, you should politely ask someone in your household to give you a spelling test. Remember if you get a word wrong you need to write it out three times.

Capital Letter Spelling 20.04.20

Full Stop Spelling 20.04.20

Commas Spelling 20.04.20
Phoneme ‘ie’ spotter for Commas

Question Mark Spelling 20.04.20
Question Mark ‘ow’ phoneme story

BBC Bitesize are also doing a variety of daily lessons online such as English, Maths, History, Geography, Science, Music and Wellbeing. This may interest some of you as I know you have enjoyed when we use BBC Bitesize in class. This can be found on bbc.co.uk/bitesize/dailylessons

If there is anything you would like to tell me or share with the class you can comment on my posts and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you!

Have a great week,

Miss Jones