Monday 13th May 2013

St Bartholomew’s church was packed to the doors for yesterday’s First Communion Mass and it was a truly wonderful occasion.  The P4’s looked absolutely fantastic in their dresses, kilts and suits and were extremely respectful and prayerful throughout the Mass.  They also sang their thanksgiving song beautifully.  I hope it was a special and memorable day for each and every one of you, boys and girls, and that you had a great time celebrating and partying in the afternoon.

Many thanks to the P3, 5, 6 & 7 pupils who formed the choir at yesterday’s Mass.  Your singing was fantastic and I really appreciate you giving so willingly of your time. I also need to say a huge thank you to the parishioners who did so much behind the scenes – the flowers looked beautiful and your hospitality for staff after the Mass (the best cooked breakfast I’ve ever tasted!) was beyond the call of duty… but very much appreciated!  Finally, many thanks to Miss Docherty for preparing the children for the sacrament and also to Father Doherty for presiding at yesterday’s Mass.

The parish ‘Pray for our School’ group meets in the oratory at 11am this morning.  Further information is available in the ‘Faith’ section of our website.  As usual, the group will enjoy tea and cake with some of our P7’s afterwards.

Have a great day, everyone.