P7 Graduation 19 June 2015

We had a fantastic graduation afternoon yesterday with our P7 pupils,  parents, friends and members of the community.

It started off with a wonderful rendition of ‘Hold Back The River’ where the pupils sang their hearts out.

We watched their hilarious video perfomance ‘Songs in the Real Life’ and their ‘Back to The Future’ Memories Sketch.

Next was the pupil’s own ‘ Oscar Awards Ceremony’

Then lots of  ‘ahhs’ as we looked at photos from P1 and P7 of each pupil during the ‘Forever Young’ Photo Presentation

The Movie Theme Dance Off was full of energy and the jury is out on who really won. Boys? Girls?  Here are a selection of photos from the dances –

All pupils were then presented with a personalised certificate of achievement by Ms Brunton (P7 teacher)  and Mrs Charles (P6/7 teacher).

One of the most tense moments came next while each pupil waited to hear who had been awarded the six school cups. The cup names and reasons for being awarded are as follows – Moore Cup (Successful Learner), Lynsey Henderson Cup (Effective Contributor), Scottish Water Solutions Cup (Responsible Citizen), Joan Matthews Cup (Confident Individual), Botterills Cup (Outstanding Sports Person) and Auchengeich Memorial Cup (Exceptional Team Player).

And the worthy winners were –

We also presented this delighted pupil below with a beautiful trophy on behalf of Robert Burns World Federation for winning the National Primary School’s Art Competition. We also had the pupils who won 2nd and 3rd in this competiton. All three pupils received a certificate  and their art work is on display in the reception area.

Our Infant Choir rounded off a great event by singing three songs “The Banana Song’,  ‘Frozen In Summer’ and ‘Never Miss A Beat’.

Then it was time to relax with family and friends with a wee glass of fizz (Shloer!) and some lovely truffles hand made in our learning kitchen.

Thank you to Ms Brunton, Mrs Charles, Glenmanor Support Staff, Parents and Family for making this a fantastic event.  And ofcourse the P7 pupils themselves! Thanks also to John and Leah for taking all the photos you have viewed on the blog. Great job done!

6 thoughts on “P7 Graduation 19 June 2015”

1. We are all very proud of your achievments throughout your time at Glenmanor. A very entertaining and emotional afternoon for everyone. Wishing you all the very best for the future.

2. Congratulations to you all on a fabulous Graduation ceremony! It was a privilege to be involved in the presenting of the school cups. A big well done to everyone! Lots of luck at high school! From Glenmanor Parent Council. 🙂

3. A comment emailed to me by Mrs Horn – As my son moves onto high school I would like to thank everyone for the happy 7 years at primary school for him and wish the school all the best for the future.

I can honestly say he enjoyed all his teachers, a couple of favourites along the way, and not forgetting office staff, janitor and other support staff and of course Mrs Donald at nursery!!!

Regards
    Debbie

4. I am really sad about leaving Glenmanor but I’m also really looking forward to high school! I have enjoyed my 7 years of learning and fun at Glenmanor and I have a lot of great memories to take with me as I go! The graduation was a wonderful day and a great experience! I have made a lot of close friendships and it was so much fun singing and dancing with them! I wish the best for all of the pupils at glenmanor and I hope they enjoy their next year! 🙂

5. Thank you for the lovely comments. Although I will be thinking about you all as you start high school, I know you are all ready to take the next step in your life and I am sure you will do very well. All the best!