P5/6 Garden Open Event

On Wednesday 27th May P5/6 invited parents and carers to help us in our school garden.  There was a big turn out from parents, grandparents and even sisters. We had great  fun and managed to get a lot of work done.

We dug over our vegetable beds and planted potatoes and shallots.  We used hanging baskets to plant strawberries and tumbling tomatoes.  Purple Haze carrots and Blood Red onions were thinned out and transferred from pots into grow  bags.  Pupils worked hard to weed our flower planters and added beautiful bright flowering plants.

6 thoughts on “P5/6 Garden Open Event”

1. I had fun digging and planting all of the flowers in the garden. My favourite part is when we used all of the garden tools.

2. I enjoyed going into the garden with my class. My group planted potatoes. It was lots of fun.

3. I loved working in the garden with all of the parents. I was working on the succsesful strawberry baskets and we found a cucumber plant too ;}

4. I had fun planting and digging out the plants. My best bit was planting all of the plants!

5. I loved working in the garden. We made four hanging baskets, two with strawberries, one with tomatoes and the other with a cucumber plant. It was fun to work in the garden and show the parents what we have been doing over the past few weeks.