P3 can cook!

After doing a bit of excellent multiplication (the recipe was for a class of 6 I used to teach!) we spent the afternoon making hummus which we served with salad and pitta bread.

It got a mixed reaction, all the staff who tried it loved it and probably half the class did too.  Everyone had fun making it.  The recipe was sent home if you’d like to try making it 🙂

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Ethan : Food was very nice and it was a little bit too spicy for some of us.  I love spicy food!

Craig : This food smelled bad but it tasted nice.

Lucy : I liked it and everybody took part so I think it was a good afternoon.

Kevin : It took a long time.

Erin : It was fun putting the bread in the toaster.  I love lettuce!

Riley : The hummus was very spicy but I liked the vegetables.  I liked putting the lettuce in the plastic thing to dry it because it went very fast.

Noah : I love cucumber!  I got to chop tomatoes at Amy and Aaron’s group.

Eva : It was fun to make with your friends.

Aydin : It was really spicy and it was really nice with the cucumber.

Eilidh : The bread was my favourite part.

Amy : I kept on stealing the lettuce from Noah and Riley!  I liked it when I got to turn the blender on and off again.

Aaron : I had to run down the corridor for a drink.

Lauren: Some people didn’t like the hummus because it was too spicy.  I think it was too spicy.  I wanted to eat the lemons!

Klea : Some people thought it was spicy but I didn’t.

David : I like the bit where me and Marcus and Ava and Daryll squeezed the lemons.  I also liked the lettuce, cucumber, bread and tomatoes.  I think it was a wee bit spicy but I ate it and it was delicious.

Ava : Me, Marcus and David were all eating the lemon juice and we didn’t think it was sour!