Exploring our local area, Chryston and Muirhead

Primary 3 went out on a local walk on Wednesday 3rd February 2016. We went in the afternoon and were very lucky with the weather. Mrs McCrae and Mrs McLoone also came with us. We were walking for almost an hour and our feet were sore when we got back to school. We went on the walk because we have been learning about Chryston and Muirhead as part of our topic this term.

We were also on a shape hunt because we have been learning to describe 2D shapes in maths.

Here are some of the things we learned –

Andrew – We learned that down the road near Chryston there was a place that was a cinema years and years ago.

Dionne – We also went into partners and we took the ipads too to take pictures.

Nieve – We went on a shape hunt to find different 2D shapes.

Ryan – We went a walk around Chryston to learn more facts about Chryston because our local area is our topic.

Connor – I found out that the toll cottage used to be a place where you had to pay to get into Chryston.

Niamh – I found the church and rectangles.

Mya – We found out that (many years ago) in the park there was a pond so that the horses could have a drink.

Craig – I found out where the Nicholson center was.

This is the building where the cinema used to be. The films were silent and someone used to play the piano.

IMG_2042_2

This is the Toll Cottage where people used to have to pay to get into Chryston many years ago.

IMG_2041_2 IMG_2040_2 IMG_2039_2 IMG_2035_2 IMG_2031 IMG_2030_2 IMG_2027_2 IMG_2026_2 IMG_2025_2 IMG_2024_2 IMG_2023 IMG_2022 IMG_2021 IMG_2020_2

6 thoughts on “Exploring our local area, Chryston and Muirhead”

1. I hope all of P3 enjoyed the walk around Chryston. I never knew Chryston had a cinema until Daniel told me and showed me where it was. Keep up the good work P3!!!

2. I enjoyed our walk and learned that there used to be a cinema in Chryston. It was interesting. I was glad it was a dry day.

3. Wow! You learned things I never knew about Chryston! I never knew there was a cinema or a pond in the park.