Spooky things in P2

We have been reading Room on the Broom for Halloween this week but while we were all having fun at the disco last night a witch came in and made a potions den in our classroom!

img_09041img_08861

Some of us have had fun playing in it when we finished our work.

img_08961 img_08931 img_08901

Brooklyn – The witch decorated our classroom.

Zoe  – The witch put spider webs on the computer.

Katie – We got to play in the potion lab and when we were playing we got to make potions.

She wrote us this letter –

img_09052 img_09061

So we wrote some narrative stories for Taught Writing today. We have put them in the potions lab for the witch to choose the star writers this week!

We also got to explore the choosing den this week. We have got lots of new games to play when we finish our work. They help us spell our common words and phoneme words.

Zoe  – It helped us learn  our common words.

Aaron –In the choosing den we all liked the toys there.

Charlotte – We really liked playing with all the new toys.

img_08471 img_08481 img_08491 img_08501 img_08511 img_08561 img_08571 img_08611 img_08591

In Numeracy we have had fun learning some new games to help us with our place value.

So far we know how to play football manager, big winner, 2 in a row, pirate place value and lots of other games. We particularly enjoy playing guess my number as a whole class. Sonny showed us how to be successful learners –

Sonny – You have to ask if the tens or units are higher or lower numbers because I guessed on my 4th question.

img_08651 img_08661

Kyle – You have to make and break the number using the tens and the units cards

img_08691

Katie – The number 12 was trying to catch us out but I know its 10 + 2 = 12 now

We had to put our hands on our heads and the first pair finished got some treasure.

img_08921 img_08641

Miss Langridge is making guess my number more challenging by only allowing us to ask 10 questions. It is making us more confident with understanding how our 2 digit numbers are made using tens and units.

One thought on “Spooky things in P2”