Caring for our Butterflies

image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image image

Primary 2 have been so busy these last few weeks, we had caterpillars, we have watched them create their chrysalis and even saw some hatch out into their butterflies.

Erin “When they first hatch there wings are all crumpled, but they stretched them out to dry so they can fly.”

KevinĀ “We gave them sugary water and oranges to eat”.

Peyton “The butterflies have a big long tongue that looks like a straw and they suck up the food.”

Lewis “We also got to decorate the net with leaves, twigs and flowers to make them feel more at home.”

After we looked after and watched them for a few days we released them outside.

Benjamin “Lots of classes came to watch too!”.

Oliver “At the start the butterflies all flew out but then they didn’t want to so we had to help them by letting them climb on our hands, it was fun they were tickley.”

Annmarie “we miss the butterflies already.”

Klea “I am very sad they are gone now.”

Erin “I cannot believe I got to hold one, it was very fun!”.

David “one took ages to come off of my finger, it was licking my finger because it thought I was nectar.”