First week back

After our fantastic October holidays, Primary 2 have had a busy first week back.

In topic, we have been learning about toys from the past.
Sophie: Toys from the past are hand-made and not made by machines.
Roxana: Some toys from the past we still have and some we do not.
James: Toys from the past can’t walk or talk because there wasn’t technology.
Sienna: They were more difficult to buy.
Ewan: There’s different kinds of old toys like marbles, rocking horses and Jack-in-a-boxes.
I wonder if any of our parents reading remember their old toys. Leave us a comment about the toys you played with when you were younger!

With Halloween coming up, we also made our own pumpkins! Here are some boys and girls from P2 with theirs. They look fantastic!

Primary 2 were also lucky enough to get to watch a live broadcast with the children’s author Kes Gray about his new book! Lots of schools all across the country tuned in to see what Kes’s new book was going to be about.
Jared: He read us a story with a duck in it. The duck couldn’t say quack because he lost his ‘a’. He could only say ‘quck’.
Jay: He read books and there were rhyming words in them. He showed us his super power.
Arran: He had biscuit power. He threw the biscuits at the baddie.
Holly: Another story was called a frog on the log.

We have had a great week back in Primary 2!

5 thoughts on “First week back”

1. My favourite toys from when I was a Primary school pupil were – a pogo stick, a hula hoop, a Sindy doll and a Tiny Tears doll and pram.

2. You’ve all been very busy and having lots of fun. The pupil council have been learning about playground games from the past, we’ll be teaching you some of them soon. I had a puppet on strings when I was little. I’ll see if I can find her to bring in to show you. She was a fairy.

3. Wow, we had lot of fun learning about toys from the past and now. My Mum’s favourite toy was a bold baby doll. I like to play with Barbies and my magic track the best. Roxana

4. I liked to play with skipping ropes and Barbie dolls when I was a child. Elliot finds it surprising that Barbie dolls were around when his Mummy was young.