Our Super Trip to the Dairy Farm

P 2/3 went on an exciting school trip to a dairy farm in Airdrie. We got to learn lots about how a dairy farm works. It was very fun but also VERY smelly!!! Here are some pictures from our visit…

This is when we got to see a cow getting milked…we were very lucky to see this!!

Here are some of the new things we learned:

I learned that the cows have to be cleaned before they are milked. Carmen McGowan

I learned that boy cows do not get milked because they do not have udders. Josh Backhouse

I learned that the farmer uses a quad bike to round up the cows and sheep. Greg Trainer

I learned cow manure helps the grass grow. Aimee Deans

I learned only girl cows can be milked and the boy cows turn into beef. Taylor Kirkwood

3 thoughts on “Our Super Trip to the Dairy Farm”

1. You have learnt so much from your visit Primary 2/3. I am looking forward to seeing what else you will make/cook in your food topic.

2. Primary 2/3 you are becoming great wee bloggers. You are sharing your learning with everyone very effectively!