Aims: To provide choice in pupil learning and to develop skills for Learning, Life and Work.
To develop pupils’ skills in the analysis and creation of media texts. For example, pupils will be able to create a product through: researching similar products; identifying target audience; creating rough draft; taking on feedback; making final product and by reviewing their own work.
- Categories (Purpose & Genre)
- Institution (Budget, Law etc)
- Representation (of people and place)
- Narrative (Theorists include Prop and Todorov)
- Language (specialist jargon of the media world such as: ‘font’ ‘copy’ and ‘image’; props, camera shots, costume, technical and cultural codes.