August 10, 2020
by Ms Minelly
Below is information about the changes that are in place for returning to Bothwellpark High.
1. Children must be kept at home if symptoms of continuous cough, loss of taste or smell, or a high temperature. You will be asked to collect your child urgently if they display symptoms in school. We might check your child’s temperature if they are presenting differently.
2. Children can bring their school bag to school. Please send your child with an outdoor jacket as we will be spending more time learning outdoors.
3. If your child needs a comfort toy/object, then this can be brought into school.
4. Please send any medication in to school that your child needs with the permission form completed. Please click here to access the form.
5. We have moved to a cashless system and information was sent out in June about how to set this up. Please click here to access more information
6. We will no longer be taking money for snack or home economics lessons. Please send a snack with your child if possible. Lunches will be ordered in the morning and brought to classes to be eaten.
7. There will be no indoor PE, singing, assemblies or clubs until further notice.
8. Children will be asked to remain in their taxi / bus / car until collected by a member of staff to help with physical distancing and hygiene procedures coming into school.
9. Classes and the shared areas have been cleared of soft furnishings and unnecessary equipment so that they can be easily wiped down.
10. Adults will be expected to remain 2m apart from each other and from children. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn if adults are closer than 2m to children for more than 15 minutes.
11. Adults will wear PPE to support children with Eating and Drinking, Moving and Handling, Administering Medication and Intimate Care.
12. Children will be asked to clean their hands more regularly.
13. School resources will be cleaned more regularly.
14. Only school staff will be able to access the building as a general rule. Contact with parents / carers including planning or review meetings will be electronic – via phonecalls or video conferencing. If this is not possible we will use an appointment system for families to meet with the relevant staff.
15. If you think you would be entitled to a clothing grant and / or free school meals please click here for more information.
16. If your child is aged 16 to 19 and in full time education, they might be eligible for an Education Maintenance Allowance. Please click here for more information.
Please call the school if you have any questions.