Closure & key workers

Closure & key workers

The School is close due to Coronavirus. The School can be contacted by email to ht@banton.n-lanark.sch.uk

key workers

27.3.20
KILSYTH SCHOOL HUBS
Dear Parent/Carer,

The provision of school and childcare support in Kilsyth is to enable you, as a key worker, to continue your essential role during this health crisis.

As this emergency situation unfolds, it has impacted on a number of services and providers in the early learning and childcare sector. North Lanarkshire Council will adapt its service to ensure that
support is provided to key workers across seven days.

As a result, and to accommodate for early years’ provision, from Monday 30 March 2020 the school hub will change location as outlined below:

FOR KILSYTH – From Kilsyth Academy to St Patrick’s Primary School, Backbrae Street, G65 0NA

I am sure you will agree that this will assist those keyworkers that require childcare for children under five years of age.

The council is looking to augment this support from next week and details will be updated on our dedicated webpage in the ‘key workers’ section which can be found at COVID-19 (Coronavirus) | North Lanarkshire Council.

I understand that the change in venue may cause an inconvenience but we are aiming to adapt to this fast-changing situation as best we can, while providing quality support for key workers.

I will continue to monitor demand for this service at each hub and may adjust as appropriate but will update our web page with information with any changes as we move on.

Yours sincerely
Gerard McLaughlin
Head of Education and Families (North)

Update 23 Mar 2020

Schools open between 9am and 3pm

All parents/carers will need to complete a keyworker form on arrival at the hub school.

Transport

Key workers must take their child to St Patrick’s Primary School. No school transport will run.

Full list of Key Workers

Share this Post

About John Johnston

I am a teacher, currently working in Banton Primary for North Lanarkshire Council. I also act as Product Owner/provide support for Glow Blogs.