NSPS Nursery Blog

August/September 2013

What a quick Summer! We hope you enjoyed the fabulous weather and had lots of fun over the holidays.
Welcome back to our returning children and a big Hello to all our new boys and girls. We are looking forward to having fun and learning lots of new things together during the next year.

Here are some of the Learning Intentions we have been focussing on. We have also had a Jeans for Genes day, where we raised £188.62. Jeans for Genes Day raises money for Genetic Disorders UK and aims to change the world for children with genetic disorders.
We also took part, with New Stevenston Primary School, in ‘Respect Me’ week. Mrs Henderson came and read us a story about Percy the Park-Keeper and his friends. We discussed what things we could do to be a good friend, and our feelings when people were and weren’t being friendly.

HWB 0-14a I value the opportunities I am given to make friends and be part of a group in a range of situations.

MTH 0-16a I enjoy investigating objects and shapes and can sort, describe and be creative with them.

EXA 0-02a I have the freedom to discover and choose ways to create images and objects using a variety of materials.

LIT 0-02a I enjoy exploring and choosing stories and other texts to watch, read or listen to, and can share my likes and dislikes.

One Comment