NSPS Nursery Blog

January 2016

January            Blue Group

Just some of the things the blue group did in January.

Scotland

We have read stories and found out things about Nessie. We have painted pictures and made models. We have tasted Scottish food and had a Burns Supper together. We designed our own tartan and used car tyres to make them too. We made a powerpoint of facts about Scotland and found out that Scotland has lots of castles, so we worked together and made our own using Junk Modelling. We had a delicious Burns Supper and Scottish Food tasting. Some dancers from St Patrick’s Primary came into nursery and gave us a demonstration of highland dancing. We had a go too! To celebrate all our learning, we had a ceilidh at the end of the topic and we all wore something tartan. We read Scottish stories and learned some Scottish songs and poems.

HWB 0-30a Outcome: Together we enjoy a diversity of foods in a range of social situations.

EXA 0-10a Outcome: I have opportunities to enjoy taking part in dance experiences.

LIT 0-01a Outcome: I enjoy exploring and playing with the patterns and sounds of language and can use what I learn.

MNU 0-02a Outcome: I have explored numbers, understanding that they represent quantities and use them to count, create sequences and describe order.

1 2 3 (2) 3 4 (2) 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 12a 13 14 15 16 (2) 16 17 (2) 17 18 19 20 21 dancers