P7 –S1 Transition Bellshill Academy
I am absolutely delighted that you have chosen to send your child to our school. As a parent myself, I can imagine the worry you may have about your child making the transition during such an unusual time. I want to reassure you, however, we will do all we can to ensure the process is as supportive as possible.
Throughout P7, your child took part in numerous activities in Bellshill Academy and I hope that already they feel part of our community.
The activities already offered this session:
- Visit in P6 to try a taster timetable and Easter School
- Visits during P7 to do activities in Science, Art, Technology, HE
- Leadership Academy School of Dance
- Open Evening in September
- Regular visits from our pupils and Pupil Support Team
- Visit from our DHT
- Issuing of our handbook
- Enhanced transition activities
Usually, during this term we provide other special transition activities which unfortunately we are unable to deliver at this time; however, I would like to highlight this alternative calendar of events:
- Your P7 teachers will put our Transition Work Booklets to their Glow Teams page for pupils to complete. This will also be shared on the Bellshill Academy website
- Frequently asked questions will be shared on Twitter
- Art activity on Twitter
- Information about uniform will be issued
- Video of school to be shared on Twitter
- Your P7 teachers will put the Stepping Stones booklet on their Glow Teams page for pupils to complete. This is a booklet from the Pupil Support Team with information about starting S1. This will also be shared on the Bellshill Academy website.
- ‘Meet the Departments’ information. Departments will begin to upload information about their departments such as staff, resources, coursework
- Science CSI activity on Glow Teams
- A parental engagement session will be set up on Glow Teams for Parents and Pupils for frequently asked questions.
- HE recipe activity on Twitter
- We will share the classes and House group lists
Mr Hamilton is the Depute Head Teacher in charge of S1 and he will be in touch to let you know when these events will take place and how to access them. He will also be in touch to discuss class lists and House groups when the time comes. Parents and pupils are not to worry about this, our priority will be that pupils are happy and with friends in classes. Lots of work is going on behind the scenes at the moment between our Pupil Support Team and P7 teachers to ensure or information about achievement, individual needs and friendship groups is correct and up to date.
At present, I have no further information regarding the structure of our return to school. Please rest assured, however, I will communicate all of this with you when I am in a position to do so. We are committed to ensuring your child in fully prepared and supported.
Bellshill Academy is committed to its pupils and the community of Bellshill. Our aim is to help provide all young people with ‘rewarding futures in life and work’. This is best achieved when we work together and I would like to thank the cluster primary schools for their strong partnership with us and for preparing the young people so well to take this next step. And, I genuinely look forward to working with you when your child joins us at Bellshill Academy.
My warmest regards,
Mrs Jodie McGraw