Parents, carers and friends joined us in class this afternoon to share what we have been learning in Numeracy and Maths. They also took part in some of our numeracy and maths activities.
Even more fun was to be had in the assembly hall, with special problem solving challenges.
After using all that brain power, our visitors really needed some refreshments, luckily Mrs Malcolm and Mrs Phillips were on hand with a supply of much needed tea, coffee and biscuits.
We hope all our visitors had a great time learning with us!
Let us know what you thought of our Numeracy Open Afternoon by leaving a comment! Use the “How To Add A Comment” tab at the top of the page to find out how to tell us what you think.
Many more photos to follow! Keep checking for updates from class cameras.
Well done to the winners of our Numeracy Homework Quiz!
Thank you to everyone who entered. Check your answers below
Primary 1-3 Answers
- In the nursery rhyme how many blind mice are there? 3
- How many days are in the week? 7
- How many letters are in the alphabet altogether? 26
- The answer is the number of colours in a rainbow. 7
- Find out how many legs a spider has. 8
- What number is on the door at the house where the Prime Minister lives? 10
- How many dwarf friends does Snow White have? 7
- How many sides does a triangle have? 3
- How many Dalmatians were there in the Disney film of the same name? 101
- How many Billy Goats Gruff are there? 3
- I have 4 cats, 3 dogs and 11 fish. How many pets do I have altogether? 18
- What number does the clock strike in Hickory, Dickory Dock? 1
- Complete this rhyme: One, 2, buckle my shoe.
- How many black birds were baked in the pie ? 24
- What number comes before 23 and after 21? 22
Primary 4 – 7 Answers
- How many planets are there in the Solar System? 9
- In a ‘Baker’s Dozen’ how many loaves would there be? 13
- This answer is the number of squares on a standard chess board? 64
- Calculate the number of hours in a week? 168
- How many chambers in the human heart? 4
- Altogether how many spots are there on a dice? 21
- At the Westminster parliament, how many MPs are there? 659
- This answer is the amount of money you get for passing go on a Monopoly board? £200
- How many gold rings are mentioned in the song ‘Twelve days of Christmas?’ 5
- How many days did it take Philleas Fogg to travel around the world. 80
- How many carats are there in pure gold? 24
- How many days are there in a leap year. 366
- In London, how many underground tube stations are there in total. 284
- Find out how many bones there are in an adult human skeleton? 206
- The answer is the year the first man stepped on the moon? 1969
- How many points do you get for a try in Rugby Union? 5
- The answer is the number of lives a cat has. 9
- How many stripes are there on the American flag. 13
- What is the next number in this Fibonacci sequence: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, ? 55
- Which platform do you need to go to to catch the Hogwarts Express at Kings Cross? 9 3/4