1C2 BOOK BLOG

The Call of the Wild by Jack London

The Call of the Wild is about a wild dog who is stolen from his home and is forced to become a sledge dog in Canada. He has a hard life and must learn quickly and remember how to survive. He has to take his place as a leader without thinking of going to live with beautiful but dangerous wolves in the wild were he really belongs. But when he is rescued by a man during a fight with the owner of the sledge he then has to change is leadership to looking after a man who saves his life… But how long can he.

I thought this book was brilliant because it is about friendship, caring for each other and a strong bond between man and dog (wolf). The way I love books to be. I have seen the movie but the movie is not about the book, the movie is about an old man reading the book to his grandchild- Riley after she finds a wolf and calls it Buck the same name the dog (wolf) had in the book. The book brought a tear to me as did the film when I watched it last month, I didn’t think I would be able to finish it but I did and I am glad I did.

By Kate Reid

————————————————————————————-

Hello 1C2,

Above is a blog written by your classmate, Kate. If you have a read at it you’ll be made aware of how much Kate enjoyed the book, The Call of the Wild. I’m sure that there are books which you’ve enjoyed too. So, have a go at writing a book blog and let folks know all about your favourite book or books.

Even if you’ve found a book dull or boring you can write a review telling why you found it dull. By writing book reviews you will be advising your class mates of which books are fun and exciting to read, which books are a little more tricky, or which books are extremely dull! 🙁

Always remember – book reviews are the opinion of the individual and that one person’s cup of tea is not necessarily another person’s cup of tea.

Mrs Smith and Miss McGough will read your book reviews and reply to them. You can even reply to each others’ reviews…so let’s get blogging!