Area and Perimeter

Today we have continued our work on area and perimeter.

Primary 4 have concentrated on area while P5 have included some perimeter in their work.

Here are our thoughts…

Jake – We have drawn shapes on dotted squared paper. I found it easy to draw the shapes to the correct size.  I would like to move onto finding out about the perimeter of shapes next.

Carmen – I think finding the area of a shape is quite easy.  I just make lines on the shape and then count the squares.  I would also like to find out more about the perimeter of shapes.

Hannah – I enjoyed putting down our square metre and finding out how many objects we could fit into it.   We managed to fit 4 chairs into 1 square metre.  Finding the perimeter of the shapes was trickier so i would like to practise this more.

Kara – I found it tricky to find the perimeter to start with as I was counting the squares for the area but a friend showed me how and now I understand.

Please look at the photos of the fun we had with area and perimeter today!

One thought on “Area and Perimeter”

1. Well done for explaining your learning so well Primary 4/5. You are certainly very reflective learners. You know what you do well and what your next steps are.