Literacy Across Learning Week

This week has been Literacy Across Learning Week.

We have been learning about the artist David Hockney and his life and work.

Brooke: I enjoyed writing the biographies.  It was fun because I liked writing about myself.

Lewis: I enjoyed getting messy with the soft pastels.  I found out that they were good to smudge and blend.

Aimee:  I have learned how to print with paint.  We used card and dipped it in yellow paint then used the edge of it to make straight lines on our pictures.

Cole: I enjoyed drawing the plants with the soft pastels.  I learned that it is quite hard to use the soft pastels.  It is hard to stay in the lines as they smudge very easily.

Jake: We found drawing the tablecloth difficult as we had to make different patterns and trying to do this was kind of tricky.

Lorna: It was hard when using the soft pastels as sometime they snapped and they smudged with other colours and made different colours.

Lyall: I learned that an autobiography is about yourself and  in the first person as it is about you.  A biography is about someone else and written in the third person because you are talking about someone else and you are not actually there.

3 thoughts on “Literacy Across Learning Week”

1. You have worked well last week. You have explained in detail some of the skills you have used and developed in your art. I really like your art on the ipad too!