2D and 3D Shapes

Today we are starting a block of work on shape.

Here is what we already know about shape:

Aimee:  I know there are 2D shapes or flats shapes and 3D shapes or solid shapes.

Max – A hexagon has 6 sides.  It is a 2D shape.

Lewis – A pentagon has 5 sides.  It is a 2D shape.

Kara – A cylinder has 3 faces.  It is a 3D shape.

Lorna – 2D shapes can only be flat. You can’t really make dough models out of them

Cole – A decagon has 10 sides.  It is a 2D shape.

9 thoughts on “2D and 3D Shapes”

1. Hi P4/5 this is P2 and Miss Kinloch.

We have been learning about shapes as well. We would love it if you could come share some of your learning with us.

We like reading your blog and we would like you to read ours too!

From Primary 2 and Miss Kinloch

2. I will really enjoy learning about shapes. I know that a triangular prisim has 4 faces and is a 3D shape.

3. I am really enjoying learning about bugs. I founded it quite tricky to fined a place for my trap and trying to get some bugs in the trap.I found it easy to fined one spider and useing the equipment.I found it fun looking at other people’s traps and it was really sad saying good by to Bob/ Bob jonuor.

by Carmen McGowan

4. You know lots of facts already about shapes, I will be interested in hearing what you find out in the coming weeks.

5. This sounds fantastic P4/5. We are also learning about 3D shape. P1/2 are wondering if we could get together to share our learning about 3D shape with you?