It’s a slug’s life….

We found a baby slug!

Kara – Today we worked with a partner to dig a hole to put a container in so that we could find some more bugs.  It was difficult to dig as we needed a deeper hole for our medium sized container.  We are going back out after an hour and a half and I hope to find more bugs and slugs in our container.

Taylor – It was difficult to dig the hole as there were lots of roots.  We had a smallish container.  I think we might get a lot of bugs.

Lyall – Fraser and I thought it was hard to get the container in right even though it was small.  We weren’t sure if it was going to crack.  I hope to find quite a few different kinds of bugs later.

Cole – Holly and I had trouble finding a place to dig a hole as there were lots of roots.  the teacher helped us to find a good hole.  The further we dug the harder the groun

As part of our experiment.  We are leaving the bugs for 10 minutes, then an hour and a half, then overnight.

We will update you with our findings tomororw

3 thoughts on “It’s a slug’s life….”

1. Wow! What fantastic learning you have been doing! You all sounded very excited to be heading out to check on your bugs yesterday! Sounds as if you have learned lots of new and interesting facts P4-5!

2. I had lots of fun outside looking for bugs. Surprisingly me and Jake didn’t find any bugs overnight. We would like to catch some soon.if you got a bug it was hard to see them.I enjoyed looking in the tubs i would like to do it again.