Burns Museum Trip

P6S had a great day at the Robert Burns Museum. We saw many of the places in the poem Tam O’Shanter including the Brigadoon (we all crossed the key stone and discovered that thankfully none of us were witches, including Mrs Stevenson!!!) and the Auld Kirk. It was very interesting to see these places and we showed our great knowledge of Robert Burns and Tam O’Shanter. We really enjoyed dressing up and visiting the cottage. Mrs Stevenson would like to thank Ranger Pete and the parent helpers who came and would also like to thank the children for their very good behaviour. They were excellent representatives for Dalry Primary school.

Write one thing you learned during the trip and one thing you enjoyed.

Mrs Stevenson: I learned why a tail coat is called a tail coat. I enjoyed seeing everyone dressed up!

23 thoughts on “Burns Museum Trip”

1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Lorin is sooooooooooo posh crossing the Briggadoon was mega fun + scary we were so high up in the air !!!!!

2. Great experience so interesting to see the bridge that Tam O’Shanter went over with Meg and the Auld Kirk. Also I loved going to Ayr on the bus because the driver put on great music.

3. Don’t do it Owen plz no one annoy me😬😬😬😱😱😱😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

4. I enjoyed the burns museum and cottage because we dressed up as the people from the 17 hundreds and got to around the cottage that he lived in.

5. I enjoyed dressing up and seeing the burns cottage. I learned how Robert and his family lived in their times AWSOME!!!!

6. We had a exelent time dressing up finding out that we weren’t withes at the burns museum and my best part was seeing the burns cottage

7. I learned that Robert was born in the cottage,the book that went to space was tiny and that the pictures were painted after he died and my favourite part was walking over the bridge and seeing the Hoof mark in the bridge and the photos are good

8. I loved the trip to the Burns Museum and Cottage. There was lots of fun activities to do like interacting with phones in the museum. The tour around the Cottage was amazing. My favourite room was the Kitchen, Bedroom, Living Room Room because it was very nice but very small. Overall it was a very, very, very fun trip. I SHALL GIVE IT…….. A 10/10 overall!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

9. At the burns museum and burnes cottage I learned that it was hard to live in the 17th century and I enjoyed dressing up because some people said that I suited the waistcoat and tailcoat the most yay

πŸ™‚