The body has taken over from the School Board. The change has been made to allow parental involvement to be less formal and more flexible.
All parents are automatically members of the Parent Forum. The Parent Council is the executive or committee of the Forum and it has been decided to call it the Parent Partnership rather than the Parent Council.
The aims of the Partnership are to:
- Support the school in its work with parents
- Represent the views of parents
- Promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
- Report to the Parent Forum
Seafield Parent Partnership Committee Members
- Ms Morven Snodgrass Head Teacher
Mrs Cindy Gee – Chairperson
- Mrs Karen Simpson – (Acting Depute Head) Deputy Chair
Mrs Gillian Barber – Secretary
Mrs Teresa Cumming – Treasurer