Why Teaching?

To me, your childhood is possibly the most important phase of your life. The experiences you remember, challenges you face, the knowledge you gain and the fun you have are what make you the person you grow up to be. As a teacher you are there to provide children with these experiences, help with the challenges, gift them the knowledge and join in the fun. You are there to watch these young people grow and develop into successful individuals. I was lucky enough to have had great experiences at school, with fond memories I will never forget. Now I feel that I want to repay the favour of being provided with such a great education. Having been in schools to help out with classes I quickly realised that there really is nothing better than seeing a child finally understand something they’ve struggled with. Whether it be them learning to spell their name or grasp how to do some tricky sums! I feel that being there to see a child progress and develop because of what you’ve be able to teach them is a privilege.

You are the person that a child sees five days a week so for me, I want to be a teacher that has a friendly face that young people can feel they can approach. It is important that the children feel comfortable around me and that I give them the support they need. They shouldn’t be afraid to ask me for help or advice. A teacher isn’t just there to stand in front of a class and teach children how to read and write. A teacher is there to guide and support children in their journey to being the best they can be. To help them build their social skills as well as academic. School should be fun and learning should be interesting so as a teacher it’s your responsibility to have a real love and passion for your profession. A love and passion that I hope to show as I work towards becoming a teacher.