Reflective Practice

One of  the most important moments in semester one for me was preparing with my peer learning group for our collaborative practice enquiry visit. In preparing for the visit we had to create the questions and examples we would like the professionals to answer that would help us to create a final presentation that would fulfil the specified criteria. This was an important of semester one as it was critical that our group worked together to form the questions which would allow us to be successful in completing the module assessment. Had the group not worked collaboratively and understood the different perspective each of the 3 professions then it would have been very difficult to produce questions that would have covered all the aspects that needed to be cover. This was a key moment in my professional development as it showed me how essential it is to take into consideration the views of all three professions so that the best decisions can be made for a child or young person.

The process of reflection is becoming more prominent to me. Reflecting on the collaborative practice enquiry and the work we completed as a group is the reason why I have realised the importance of taking into consideration of all 3 of the professionals views so that the best decision is made for a child and their overall wellbeing. From this I have started to understand the importance of refection in order to understand the reasons for things I will come across in practice. Using the theories provided by theorist like Dewey and Schon, I will be able to come to a greater understanding of reflection and its importance within my practice in order to help me improve myself as a practitioner. Using this information to help me continuously improve is therefore going to help me become a more successful practitioner.