Hello world!

3844681997_419716a14d_b

Hi everyone, I’m Rebecca and I’m a BA Education student in my first year at UWS. So far I really love the course, I am finding it equally challenging and interesting and over my first two trimesters I have been working on building up a strong understanding of skills and knowledge which I will soon be passing on to my pupils. With such a strong focus on helping pupils to truly understand rather than to learn by rote, I have found it very interesting myself to get to understand new things as well as things which I previously thought I knew.

I have always been a very driven person and that is something which I would love to be able to pass on to my pupils. I want to build up environments within my future classrooms which encourage all pupils to do their very best and to always strive to reach their goals. Through constant reflection of my learning throughout this trimester, my aim is to critically look back on my learning and experiences to ensure that I grasp all of the possible benefits and to recognise those areas which require further development. Hopefully this will help me organise my short-term goals and to keep a record of when and how these have been achieved.

I will use this as a space to gather my thoughts and to think deeply about how I can apply my different experiences to help me to become the best teacher I can be.

One thought on “Hello world!”