Task 5C – What next?

TLTP provided me the platform to get a clear vision of what a teacher leader is and the qualities needed to become both an effective and inspirational teacher leader. We can all learn to be better at it, by reflecting on our strengths and recognising the areas we need to enhance.

I have planned a meeting with one of the senior managers in 2 weeks’ time. As she is the school CPD in charge, also engaged in SCEL headship program. It will be beneficial to share my experiences with her. Following that I will share my professional enquiry with maths and my own department.

I will continue to develop a portfolio of experiences in learning and teaching supported by colleagues and critical friends within the school. Also I will be consider applying to the next cohort of the program-

> Award in Leadership

>Leading for outdoor Learning

• Finding details for the following TEACHER LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT courses:
  • GTCS Accredited Leading Learning – Improving Pedagogy, a new Professional Recognition programme from Tapestry Partnership at SCQF level 11- published a Professional Values learning resource for teachers and school leaders.
  • British Council & SCEL piloted a Leading Core Skills programme for ‘middle’ & school leaders on embedding core skills into curriculum planning; there are plans to roll it out from September 2017.
  • I am hoping to join soon the engagement process looking at teacher leadership, at www.scelengage.com.