Bringing it all together

At this stage I am starting to consider Did it work? From my point of view, it hasn’t been a disaster letting go of the reigns and allowing pupils to work more collaboratively for a longer period of time.  They’ve had much more in the way of opportunities to wonder about their learning and find ways to articulate learning though outdoor.                                                                                                                                                 What I wanted to do in terms of engaging pupils, allowing them to have more exposure outdoor and gaining more confidence in achieving numeracy skills worked well.                                                                                                                                             Pupils were motivated and engaged in learning numeracy skills out with the classroom. It was a successful attempt & positive feedback received from pupils.

4 Replies to “Bringing it all together”

1. I am wondering Rachna as I read your reflection, you say that the children have been working more collaboratively for a longer periods of time, have you been able to monitor this interaction? So have all pupils been equally engaged and putting the same levels of contribution into the collaborative outdoor activities?

2. As the group I am working with I see them every week for 2 periods. Its quite handy for me to track their level of engagement and their contribution in the group. We spend 15 minutes end of the period to consolidate the work and share their opinions and give feed back.

3. Rachna, would you say there was any aspect of the outdoor learning (or related indoor work) which you would change if you were to do it again?

4. After self reflecting and feed back from pupils and discussion with mathematics dept head I concluded there are quite a few aspects which can be implemented in a better way:
    giving children sufficient time, space and encouragement to use ‘new’ words and mathematical ideas, concepts and language during child-initiated activities in their own play.
    Also I will focus more on Problem solving & reasoning skills.
    I can try stories, songs, games and imaginative play to develop their understanding to give all children the best opportunities for effective mathematical development.
    Still I am behind by 3 lessons, more ideas will click to implement E’s and O’s in a better way as I will proceed.