The Network met over the Webex platform for its first online meeting recently. The event was dedicated to a closer look at the draft Professional Standards and, following a warm welcome back from the Co-chairs and some reflections on events since the last meeting, was opened Dr Pauline Stephen from the GTCS.
Delegates heard from members of the Standards Writing Groups –
- Standard for Provisional Registration – Aileen Kennedy (University of Strathclyde)
- Standard for Full Registration – Jean Laird (Fife Council)
- Standard for Career-Long Professional Learning – Roseanne Fitzpatrick (Highland Council)
- Standard for Middle Leaders – Alison Weatherston (Education Scotland)
- Standard for Headship – Valerie Drew (University of Stirling)
- after which breakout sessions were held to discuss each of the draft Standards. You can view the feedback from each of the breakout sessions on our presentations page.
An update from the Scottish Government was provided by Fearghal Kelly of the Learning Directorate. You can view the presentations from the day on our presentations page. If you were unable to attend but would like to provide feedback on the draft Standards, you can find out how to do that here.
If you attended and are yet to complete a feedback form, we would be grateful if you could do so at your earliest convenience.
The next meeting of the Network will take place on Wednesday 27th January 2021.