Online Unit – Managing my learning

Recognition/Reflection Action
What helps my learning?

How can I utilize this?
 I am a very visual learning and it helps if i take an active approach o my learning.  I am going to start printing off my lecture power point slides before class so that i can physically write notes on the slides and be more engaged with the information being taught during the lecture.
 Feeling supported at all times.  I am going to make use of the workshops offered during the week of the 19th October having been away from education from a few years i know the workshops in essay writing and referencing will be hugely beneficial.
 Being organised and planning ahead.  As i work through each lecture i am keeping a note of any extra reading i do highlighting facts i can use as references later on so that when it comes to writing my assignments i don’t feel bombarded with the workload.

Having the assignment titles at this early stage i am already making up essay plans so i can add to them gradually over the first semester so i do not forget to add any information from early lectures in.

Recognition/Reflection Action
What hinders my learning?

How can I address this factors?
 I struggle to stay on task at times.  I am going to try and read up on lecture slides before class so that i can pick up on the main points about to be discussed so that i can take relevant notes relating to what i consider links with the main points and i don’t go off into a tangent.
 I am easily distracted.  Take time alone to study myself in quiet area so that i can fully concentrate and make best use of my time.
 self discipline  I am making a conscious effort to make myself attempt the online Maths and English assessment weekly. I know because it is not necessarily compulsory I might become complacent and put off doing them on a regular basis.