Managing my learning – Online Module

1. Managing My Learning

Complete the table below to identify and reflect on those factors and plan actions for each.

Recognition/ Reflection Action
What helps my learning? How can I utilise this?
Example: “Discussing the topic with others” ·         Set up a study group of like-minded peers

·         Engage with the online community

Reading ·         Making sure I read up on something I don’t fully understand

·         Reading up on things I have been asked to so in order to be prepared for classes.

Taking notes ·         Taking notes in class and rereading them in order that I have fully understood what I have been writing
Using mind maps ·         Using mind maps helps me as I am more likely to look over something in a mind map and understand that there is a link from other subjects
Using coloured pen ·         As I am a visual learner, the use of coloured pens and highlighters helps me to pick up on key things that I have noted and makes my work more visually pleasing.

·         Its helps me to engage with subjects and can make things more interesting to look at and read.

Recognition/Reflection Action
What hinders my learning? How can I address this factor?
Example: “I’m easily distracted” ·         Study in a place where distractions are minimal

·         Read lecture notes before the lecture and then take notes lectures to keep me focused

Use of Technology ·         Making sure that I don’t have my phone next to me while trying to work.

·         Turning it off during class and study time.

Others around me ·         Whilst studying making sure that I am alone so that I am unable to get distracted by others speaking to me in order to work to my best ability.