Interdependence Learning Log Sustainable Development

Interdependence is known as the way two or more people and things depend on one another. As part of the topic we were able to go visit two different farms on week 1 that has a variety of differences on how the farms are run, making seeing both of these satisfying to see these. When teaching this topic at any age group going on a visit to a farm would be beneficial in the development of pupils knowledge on interdependence. Many places offer education professionals a range of resources, helping the planning and assessing of this topic and trips  to farms.

However, week 2 was a more intellectual and required a lot of knowledge from different academic readings, and websites given to us to help further our learning. Through doing these readings this has helped me develop many skills such as analysing texts and use of different resources as this is something I tend to find challenging. For our independent task we were to work in groups and make piktocharts informing us of the sustainability of fishing. Working in groups was to help us communicate with one another developing our social skills, as becoming teachers requires working with staff and colleagues happens on a daily basis. Everyone within the group took a topic to research and analysis before bringing together our information, meaning each individual had the opportunity to build on their analysing skills. Due to this task it has help me understand the areas where I am struggling but also how some of my skills are improving.