Why teaching?

Teaching has always been a career I have been interested in. I remember looking at my Primary 4 teacher at the front of the room teaching a history lesson on the World Wars; I just sat there watching, wanting to be her. For many years I never really gave my profession much thought but when UCAS came along I have to say I wasn’t sure. I took the plunge and went for teaching, knowing id always had teaching in mind, and since then I haven’t really looked back. Now, here I am, in first year at the University of Dundee embarking on this 4 year journey to become a primary teacher. I am excited to see what is to come and all that I’ll learn about teaching and how I can develop my own skills and qualities to help me become the best teacher I can be.

I’ve always loved children and have had a lot of the experience in both a formal and informal setting. A lot of the experience I have gained working with children has been so rewarding; Their innocent and immature nature is just so refreshing. I’m really looking forward to one day having my own class and helping them to develop both educationally and as people!

One thought on “Why teaching?

1. I am glad you chose Dundee! I know what you mean about having your own class. I know you mean having your own class in the sense that your own class for the whole year but it will be time for your Year 1 placement before you know it!

Reply