Values

Our professional values are our beliefs and principles which guide us in our chosen career as teachers. They are a reflection of what we believe is morally right, such as standards, ethics and practices. These are very similar to our personal values, which also reflect our morals, but are more central to our individual needs.

My personal values played a big part in my decision to come in to teaching. It is important that children are comfortable with their teacher in order to learn and want to come to school every day. I believe my kindness is one of the most important values I have and will be essential to me as a teacher. A kind teacher is someone a child can learn to trust, and hopefully enjoy learning from five days a week. I have been brought up to be a respectful person. These will also be beneficial to me as a teacher, as I know I will find it easy to respect my colleagues and my pupils.

When making my decision on which career I wanted to go into, I knew it had to be something that I would not only enjoy, but I would grow from. In relation to my personal values, teaching is perfect. It will give me the chance to portray my love for the subjects I have a real passion for, and allow me to grow as a person learning more about those I have not done as much. I have very good ethical values, and I believe they will be well applied in teaching. When I think back to both primary and secondary school, the teachers that had the biggest impacts on me were always the ones I found to be kind. I want to be that person, that teacher.