To embed content from google maps:
- Make sure the Jetpack plugin is enabled and you have activated the shortcode module.
- Open a map page find and copy the embed code.
- Create a page or post (or edit an existing one.
- Switch to the Text Editor and paste in the code.
- Publish or update your post.
Here is a screenshot of the bottom left of a google map.
Click the cog to get the embed code:
This open a lightbox where you can choose the embed code, the size and copy the code:
Once you have enabled the twitter-timeline feature you can paste in the embed code for a tweet and it will be nicely formatted.
You can find the code to embed a tweet buy clicking the elipsis and choosing embed:
The [[archive]] shortcode will produce a list of posts:
There are lots of options:
[archives format=option limit=12] gives a popup menu:
Archives Shortcode — Support — WordPress.com gies more details of all the options.
To embed an instagram photo just paste the link to the page into a line in the post:
Get the url for a Vimeo page and paste it in on its own line:
You need to go to the tedtalk page and get the link and paste it in.
When I posted that it produced a link to a page on text explaining some technical difficulties. Since then it has started working.
Paste in the url to a flickr photo page and: