The RIC Reciprocal Reading programme gained Education Scotland endorsement before the summer break:
An online version of this programme has been running since August 2020 and many schools across FVWL are participating.
- Online meeting via Teams: Introduction to Reciprocal Reading & Improvement Methodology (1 hour).
- Consolidation: video – Dr. Kylie Bradfield, Stirling University (1 hour)
- Reciprocal Reading in Practice: videos & questions for consideration (1 hour).
- Approaches: read the article by Kelley Stricklin then consider suitable approaches for your class (1 hour).
- Online meeting via Teams to discuss progress & introduce “Think Alouds” (1 hour).
- Think Alouds: read the paper then prepare your own modelling lesson (1 hour).
- Implementation in school using teacher confidence and learner engagement forms to track progress
- Online discussion via Teams to discuss progress (1 hour).
Please contact Dr Janet Adam for further details: CLjadam@glow.sch.uk