Coding Success programme launched
Coding Success is a new programme designed to excite 8 –
14 year olds about STEM, providing teachers with engaging
curriculum linked lesson plans and free LEGO® Education
SPIKE™ Prime kits for your classroom.
Fully funded by BAE Systems, the Royal Navy and the Royal
Air Force, Coding Success offers 600 non-selective state
schools the opportunity to take part – fuelling the passion of
young people and encouraging the next generation of
scientists, engineers and technicians.
The programme is linked to the national curricula in England,
Wales and Scotland, delivering the requirements that all
children can program. Developed in partnership with The
Smallpeice Trust and Raising Robots, Coding Success brings
together teacher training with LEGO® Education to inspire
the next generation around STEM.
• Attend CPD sessions with qualified teachers who are LEGO® Education Academy
• Receive two LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime kits for your school to keep
• Six lessons’ worth of coding activities, with videos, resources and more
• Fully funded by BAE Systems, the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force
• Learn new coding languages in the classroom
• Optional extension activities with Python to further challenge your students
With 300 primary and 300 secondary school places available, places will be allocated on a first
come first served basis against criteria to help ensure a good regional spread and encourage
participation from a wide range of students. Participating schools will need to attend online
training, deliver six lessons to 60 students and complete programme evaluations.
Applications open on Monday 26th April and will close on Friday 28th May 2021.