In todays session (21/01/20) of Situated Communication we were outdoors creating dens. This post will be a reflection on the communication challenges.
Group and Leadership
- Our group didn’t have one person who was a group leader. Everyone within the group had an input into discussion in regards to what materials we needed, where to put our den and how to structure it so that we could all fit inside.
- Therefore, I believe that everyone in the group was able to contribute and no one felt excluded as everyone was doing something for example, some of use would collect materials while others stayed to build the den.
- When creating the den I believe what was to be done was explained clear to myself.
- This was because the tasks to be completed were simple and if one person did not understand then we broke it down so the instruction was clearer.
- I felt that we didn’t need to talk as loud. This is because we were in an open environment and not a workshop setting where we might have had to speak over others so we could be heard.
- When discussions were happening as a whole group, keeping the group close together meant that we could hear what our instructions were making communication stronger.
- As a group we made little negotiations as we felt quite protective of our den and every element of it was important. We had some spare parts but very few groups were interested in them.