Demand for tickets for next year’s Commonwealth Games has been phenomenal, with 92% of tickets sold through the initial application phase. From 10am this morning (5 Nov), the remaining 8% of tickets went on sale to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis. Approximately 76,000 tickets remain, in six sports – Badminton, Boxing, Lawn Bowls, Rugby Sevens, Squash and Weightlifting (as well as Para-Sport Powerlifting); more than half of these tickets are priced in the cheapest category (£15), which means that under 16s pay just £7.50. There are also a limited number of tickets available for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, in the more expensive categories.
From an education perspective, one of the best things about this phase of ticket sales is the addition of a group sales process, allowing Local Authorities, Sports Groups, Schools and Organisations to purchase in larger numbers. If you’re looking to organise an educational outing to the Games then you can now get a whole class or group’s worth of tickets in one go (to a maximum of 50, and inclusive of an appropriate number of chaperones). Group sales can only be made by contacting the Glasgow 2014 ticketing hotline on 0844 249 2014 and are for recognised groups only.
For more information on ticketing, visit the Glasgow 2014 ticketing website tickets.glasgow2014.com.