From the 18 July to 3 August the Global Diaspora Village will open its doors to host a wide variety of cultural activities and celebrations. A colourful programme from musical, dance and theatrical performances to art workshops and live streaming of the ceremonies will provide something for everyone.
One highlight will provide the opportunity to enter the Guinness Book of Records in a attempt to bring together the largest Gospel Choir ever on 20 July.
The village will also provide a unique space to reflect and relax in the middle of the Commonwealth Games buzzle.
The programme includes the following:
- 18th to 20th July: Conference for members, staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- 20th July: Attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Gospel Choir.
- 22nd July: Dinner & Awards Ceremony in honour of Diaspora Achievers. our aim is to celebrate the achievements of various people within the communities in Health, Education, Sports, Science and Innovation among others. You are invited to send us any nominations
- 23rd July: Carnival and Screening of Live Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2014.
- From the 24th of July to the 2nd of August, with the exception of the 26th and 27th of July, there will be exhibitions during the day, showcasing Country Cultures, Faiths, Trade, Tourism and Sport from 10am to 5pm. In the evening there will be live entertainment in the form of music, dance, theatrical performances among others.
- 3rd August: Family Fun Day with live screening of Closing Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2014.
For more information please visit http://www.globaldiasporavillage.co.uk/