Main activity on Level 2, The Lighthouse, 11 Mitchell Lane, Glasgow.
Architecture and Design Scotland will host a seven-month programme of exhibitions, events and activities to get behind the scenes of the environmental legacy of the Commonwealth Games 2014.
The rich schedule of events and exhibitions celebrates and showcases the range of environmental legacy projects being delivered by the Scottish Government, Glasgow City Council, The Games Organising Committee and partners throughout and beyond the 2014 Commonwealth Games. It demonstrates how these projects contribute to the success of the games and will act as a launch pad for a legacy that will benefit the citizens of Glasgow, the people of Scotland and visitors for years to come.
The programme at Architecture and Design Scotland will allow visitors to:
- Understand Glasgow’s successful bid and what makes the approach taken unique
- Find out about Glasgow’s rich sporting history and track record in hosting events
- Reveal why Glasgow’s approach to delivering the Games will have a positive impact across the city
- Explore the venues through photographic portraits and video.
- Experience the sustainably developed athlete’s village
- Be introduced to Glasgow’s 20 Greener Legacy projects and the National Legacy programme – ranging from renewable energy infrastructure to urban bee keeping to the children’s play ‘The Worm’, and from accessible Commonwealth Woods to active travel programmes and wide scale Regeneration projects.
This interactive exhibition will allow you to get involved in events, workshops and active architectural tours – the GREEN2014 programme will have something for everyone!
Follow our GREEN2014 updates on @ArcDesSco #green2014legacy