Blogging to Develop Literacy

A Curriculum for Excellence states that we can develop our literacy skills when we have, amongst others, the following opportunities:

• engage with and create a wide range of texts in different media, taking advantage of the opportunities offered by ICT.

• communicate, collaborate and build relationships.

• reflect on and explain my literacy and thinking skills, using feedback to help me improve and sensitively provide useful feedback for others

I believe that blogging can be a highly engaging activity for our children to share their own texts as well as develop relationships with an audience giving/receiving feedback to/from youngsters across the globe.

I enjoy creating texts of my choice and I regularly select subject, purpose, format and resources to suit the needs of my audience. LIT 2-20a

Learning Intention

• We are practicing creative writing.

Success Criteria

• Use weekly prompt prompt.
  • Text to be approximately 100 words.
  • Imagine…

CANDY LAND!

Once there was a man who made candy. He lived in a small hut, the man was very lonely. One day a little boy and a little girl came to his shop. The man showed them something no-one else had seen before, it was a giant  back-room that was full of CANDY! Small CANDY big CANDY giant CANDY “yum yum” the boy and girl thought. they started to eat and eat and eat the yummy yummy Candy! “thank you!” the boy and girl said “it’s ok.” said the man the girl and boy went home stuffed with CANDY!

My October holiday

Saturday the 14th of October

The first day of my holidays .Well today i woke up at half seven my sister was not in her bed so my mum said lets go down stairs and see if she is there she was but she was waching the cat in the hat on the TV the dogs were sleeping on of them were in there bed and they other one was beside the back door with my sister i took the remote of her and changed the the channel to the next step i love the next step because i love dancing .Then my dad came down and said to pose it and come and have your breakfast.

my most beloved thing

I love him he is small and very cute .He is very loud and advensirs because he wonders around the house allot .always sleepy he sleeps  in my hand all the time. he is very very funny  because he gets his head stuck in the cage allot he has three sisters .His  eyes are blue he is sort of fluffy it is very light .My thing likes to play with his sisters sometimes he fights with them.His nose is very small and he is super cuddly . When i take it in to the car he cries so much.

My fluffy thing

In my room in my bed I have a very special thing. It is all the colours  of the rainbow. My thing is fluffy,it lives in my room,it is cute its cuddly and it is small. Can you guess what it is? i got it from my nana i got it a year ago . she is very special to me . I never want to loose her . it was a special prize to me .It is not real well of course it is not real.

My Precious Item

My item is a turquoise and dark green colored accessory. I got it 2 or 3 weeks ago. My mum makes stuff so she decided to give me something that I liked. My item is really smooth and it is kind of like pebbles. It is special to me because I don’t usually wear accessories because they all have stuff hanging off of them. My item  is easy to get on and off and it never gets stuck on my armor hand. I really like it and I wear it all of the time when I am not at school.

By Sarah

My treasured item

My most precious item in the whole world is my toy.It is very cut to me but it use to be  fluffy but now its not.I do play with it a lot though,i got it when i was 4 on my birthday.It has a pink nose and brown eyes with brown skin and pink ears.It wasn’t that expensive though,I always have her in my bed at night.She has short arms and medium legs and a cute white tail.Her eyes are brown when you dig deep and a mouth too.All i can see on her face is her eyes and nose.

By Kendal

my most beloved thing

My most beloved thing is small ,greedy ,sleepy,smelly,adventurous and quiet . Her favourite couler is  pink she likes TV. Her   favorite movie is bolt .  she lives in m fluffy her favorite colour is y house. You can find in  them in Russia and Syria

I got ming at pets at home she has  brother I know his owner.

Willy Wonka s Factory

Once when Willy wonka was busy working…Then there was a huge SMASH! Willy wonka ran to where it was .All the sweets and chocolate were all over the place. “Who did this?” said Willy wonka “The pipe was just away to burst,boss”said one of the loompa oompa . We ll need to fix it then. All the loompa oompas got to work then it was all fix in 1 day. We ll all eat the sweets said willy wonka YEAH shouted all the loompa oompas . we all got eating, even Charlie Bucket was there too. this is yummy said Charlie Bucket.

byJake Paul

THE BUCKET

One lovely day i was playing baseball with my friends called Piper,Donald duck and Aids.But duck through the ball to me i hammered  it in the bush so Aids  had to go and get it and in my home run ,he through a bucket at me then through the ball so i was out.I looked in the bucket there was treasure in it and also two little men so i went home with my friends  came back with my mum the bucket it was gone … i think an alien stole it but he had died…

the end by Jim Bob

THE STORM

My friend was over for a sleep over but while he was there,there was a storm.The storm was big.While we where having dinner water was coming in are house!It kept going in.Eventually we called the police.The police took about 45 minutes.We had to swim by the time they got there.They came in a boat and we had to hop in the boat to be safe.We had to go to the police station to explain what happened.We said we where having dinner.Then suddenly it went dark.We where all scared until we realized that it was a power cut.We went home again.