Our rainy adventure in Kelburn Country Park

Happy Friday everyone!

Despite having no school this Monday or Tuesday we have had a crazy and adventure filled few days in P4/5.

On Wednesday the whole school got on buses and drove to Kelburn Country Park for a day of exploring, learning and storytelling!

“We went on the history trail and saw a beautiful waterfall!”- Zayd

“I went to the obstacle course with my brother and mum. I loved climbing the wall!”- Aliyan

“I went to the top of the north history trail and I rolled down the hill. I got soaked!”- Najib-Ullah

“We went to see the castle that was covered in graffiti! It was so colourful.”- Sorrelle

“We went on the adventure course and it was really fun!”- Tahira

After lunch we met up with Ben the Storyteller and went dragon hunt through the Secret Forest.

We went through a tunnel that was full of colourful lights that led us to a castle. In the castle Ben told us the story about Chestnut Pudding. We loved it!

At the end of the story we found a dragon egg that was lying in a well. It hatched and turned into a red, fiery baby dragon. The dragon told us to follow its dragon scale trail to find treasure. We found the dragon scales and followed the trail through the forest and through the crocodile swamp into a cave and finally to a witch’s house. Inside the witch’s house was a locked treasure chest. Rabab found the key and we got the treasure- it was chocolate coins and our very own story bags!

From now on we are using our story bags to keep items inside to help us to tell stories.

It rained all day but we had so much fun!

The next day back at school we used our story bags in the playground with our partners from P1/2. We found lots of things that could help us to tell a story. We found coal from the fire pit, snowdrops, a butterfly-shaped leaf, bluebells and spiky leaves. We can’t wait to tell those stories!

We have been reading more of our scary class novel “The Creakers”. As it is a scary story we used some of the author’s techniques to create our own Spooky Opening Paragraphs

Don’t forget to leave a comment!

Have a fun weekend

Miss Webster and P4/5 🙂

One thought on “Our rainy adventure in Kelburn Country Park”

1. We had a wonderful day and would love to do it again. Incase anyone is wondering Najib-ullah did roll down the wet muddy hill, twice!!