Home School Artist of The Year

We are all Artists! So here’s an Art Competition everyone can enter! The THEME is WINDOWS. WE ALL HAVE WINDOWS in our homes but what we see when we look out of them is very different. Sometimes I look out of my living room window and see things I’ve never noticed before. Small things. Sometimes I look out and imagine I’m somewhere else. So we’re looking for sketches drawings, paintings, photographs and sculptures of what you can SEE FROM YOUR WINDOWS. We will pick 3 winners who will get an Arty prize and we will try and create an exhibition of all your Art when we get back. LETS GET CREATIVE KIDS!

If you can, take a picture of your Art and send it to drewmccormack2@gmail.com

Radio Podcast Stars Wanted!!!

We have a selection of shows up on the Blog which our Radio S.T.A.R.S. from our school have made. They are all fantastic but we can always get better! When school gets back to normal we will be looking for children to make new PODCASTS.

SO,
1. Listen to a Podcast. Takes notes of interesting and important facts on each Topic. Learn the facts until you don’t need to look at your notes anymore. Then pretend you are a reporter and report these facts to someone in your house.

If you can, record your reporter voice on a device to hear what you sound like. Try it again using a different voice?

2. Listen to a Show. Listen carefully to the jingles. Jingles are usually short sound bites of music, sound effects and talking used to promote the radio station or the show. Can you make better Jingles. You can use things about the house and technology for sound effects And music. If you can record it great if not just practising your Jingle voice will come in handy.

3. Listen to The Sustainability Show. Listen to the adverts! Are they for things you can buy in the shops? Can you make up an advert for something that doesn’t exist? Give it a try and write it down or record it if you can.

MORE TASKS WILL FOLLOW SO KEEP AN EYE ON THE BLOG! If you can you can send small sound files to drewmccormack2@gmail.com

Visiting Sunny Govan Radio Station
Writing Jingles

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words

Images from South East Asia

There are 35 images to choose from on this page. Choose 1 image a day and then choose 1 Task from Group 1 . If you fancy a Challenge Task give it a go and see how you get on. More Challenge Tasks will be added.  You can ask questions and leave replies or comments in the comment box.

GROUP 1
Task 1 – Choose a picture Look at the picture and describe what you see. Think about using adjectives ( describing words) to describe all the things you see. Using 1 adjective is ok but you should try to use at least 2 for each noun.
EXAMPLE – He has long, grey hair and bright, green eyes.
Write, record or video your work.

Task 2 – Choose an image. Look at the picture and make up a story about the person, the people or the situation. You are a TV or RADIO REPORTER. It is your job to write a report to be read out LIVE! Remember to think about WHO? WHERE? WHAT? WHEN? WHY? Also think about why your story makes good news! You can write the story or record or video it on a device if you have one. If you prefer you can storyboard it.

Task3 – Choose an image. Look at where the image was taken. See if you can find it on a map. Then find out as much as you can about that place. How many people live there? What languages are spoken? What religions are practised? What are schools like? What main foods do people eat? What jobs do they do? You can find out much more than this! Show us in any way you can!

Task 4 – Choose a picture with more than one person in it. Write a fictional story describing the situation they are in and what happens next. Pretend you are the person who took picture so include yourself in the story by beginning with, “ When I took this picture we were……”. Your story can be a simple one but try to make something important change. NO SUPERHEROS PLEASE! Write or record your work in any way you can.

Task 5 – Choose an image with 1 person in it. Pretend you know this person very well all your life. Now give us a full description of this person’s personality. Think about how they talk, what they say, how they behave, how they react to things and people. Now talk about how they changed because of something that happened. For Example – Moving House, New School, Write or record it any way you can.

GROUP 2

Challenge Task A – Count the total number of people in the 35 images. Then count the amount of animals, children, men and women. Create a graph or chart of your choice to show all this information.

Challenge Task B – Look at every picture and make a list of all the place names in alphabetical order. Then try and find out where these places are. Then list the countries in order of highest population. For example List 1 – Abadan Basra Islamabad THEN
List 2 UK 60 million, Latvia 20 million, Luxembourg 6 million. Show us in any way you can.

Challenge task C – These are scenes from different parts of Asia. You live in Europe. Compare Pakistan, India, Iraq or Afghanistan to Scotland. List Populations, Land Area, Countries on border, Compare Temperatures in summer and winter, Major Cities. Now compare Asia to Europe. How many countries? Total Populations? Total Land Area?
List or show these comparisons in any way you choose.

Challenge Task D – There are a few street images. Choose 1 of these then look out you own window and note what you can see. How is it different to the picture you chose. If you can, do a sketch of what your street looks like. Take some pictures of your own if you can.

Challenge Task E – Watch a News programme on TV. Take a note of the order of the news items and which country the story is from. Also, measure how much time is given to each item. If you can record the programme you should.

Bakuchistan

Banaue
Varanasi
Ahmedabad
Calcutta
Porbandar
Kerala
Bombay
Amritsar
Bombay
Jodhpur
Kashmir
Agra
Jodhpur
Bombay
Bombay
Rajasthan
Agra
Pahalgam
Varanasi
Rangoon
Kyaikto
Sitwe
Mandalay
Rangoon
Mazar-e Sharif
Qandahar
Pol – e Komri
Kabul
Qandahar
Qandahar
Bamian
Sri Lanka
Tonle Sap
Aranyaprathet

Where’s Mr McCormack?

Mr McCormack was born in November 1960. It is now 2020. So what age am I ? I was 5 when I went to school but schools took children into Primary 1 in August and January each year then and I think you had to be 5 to go. I’ll check that! But where am I in the class? What am I doing? Who is next to me? What are they doing? What am I wearing?

In picture 2 I am now 15 and starting 4th year. So what year is it? How many years have I now been at school? Which row am I in? Describe Who is behind and in front of me.

In picture 3 it is May 1979. So what age am I now? Where am I in the picture? Describe who is behind or in front of me. Give the positions of the 2 players with beards.

Leave answers in the reply box . And try to be nice when describing people. Happy hunting

Can you find me?
Can you find me?
Can you find me?
!