Hillington Primary School

ACHIEVING NURTURING KIND SAFE

P5a Literacy – Friday 15th January 2021

For literacy today, I would like you to write a reflective piece of writing. In your writing, I want you to think back to the events of this week. What happened? How did you feel? Why did you feel like this? What did you learn about? This will be a recount of your first week of home learning in lockdown. As it is a recount, you should include an opener with the 5 W’s, write in chronological order, use time openers (firstly, then, next, after, finally) and finish with a closing statement to sum up your week, explaining how you have felt. Remember to use paragraphs and the correct punctuation please. Challenge yourself to use interesting vocabulary.

Recount writing is not new to you, so you should be aware of the features and purpose already. I have attached a recount writing poster to refresh your memory. Before you write your recount, please take time to plan what you are going to write. All groups will use the same planning sheet to help plan their writing. Enjoy!

Recount Poster

Recount writing planning sheet