Hillington Primary School

ACHIEVING NURTURING KIND SAFE

P5a Literacy – Thursday 14th January 2021

Thursday 14th January 2021 – Literacy: 11.10 – 12.10

We are working on our persuasive writing skills today. We learned about this towards the end of term 2, so this should not be brand new to you. I would like you to think about what you already know about persuasive writing, then read through the PowerPoint I have attached below. This will remind you of the different features and language used in persuasive writing.

Once you have read through the PowerPoint, you will write a persuasive letter about a bad situation a Disney character has found themselves in. You will need to work hard to convince the reader to change their mind and help the character.

The Blyton’s and Wilson’s will be writing about Nemo. The Dahl’s and Morpurgo’s will pick between Cinderella OR Robin Hood. Make sure you open the correct file for your group. When writing, remember to refer back to your success criteria and word bank to help you.

I can’t wait to hear your letters during our check in. I would love it if you brought them back to school with you when we can return.

Good luck and enjoy!

P5 Persuasive Writing PowerPoint

Blytons and Morpurgos Persuasive Task

Dahls and Morpurgos Persuasive Task